Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sick, sick, sick

Remember that post where I told you I just absolutely suck at updating my blog because I've been sick?

Yeah.  Um... refer to it here.

That holds true still.  Folks, I have been so stinking sick like unto a dog.  Don't worry, some of my friends seemed to fear that I was dying, (like, for reals dying...really.) and after learning that just wasn't the case, have since vanished from off the face of the earth.  Such is the life of an invalid.  Okay, okay, so I'm not really an invalid, but... I have been sick for months! But just in case any of you were wondering, as my other friends have wondered, no, no I will not die.  Yet.

Onto a different topic, does anyone else hate this wintery horridness? It really is horrid! What's up with this negative degree weather sweeping the nation? And people talk about global warming? Puh-leez. Ain't nothin' warm about a wind chill factor of -17! Yeah, yeah, you Idahoans will be shaking your head at this mumbo jumbo thinking what a big sissy I am.  Well, I have news for you: I am the biggest winter sissy you shall ever encounter.  I shiver in 70 degree weather.  Stick me in the shade and I'll reach for a blanket.  I pack hand and foot warmers in every purse and bag I own.  I bought out Costco once.  Clean out, I tell you! I wear long underwear under my even longer underwear.  Socks, socks, socks.  I can't live without socks.

Do I make my point? I detest anything that slightly resembles winter.  Except for frozen yogurt.  It sort of resembles winter if you liken it to a snow covered mountain... but that's only if it's white.  I suppose it could be brown if you were looking at the dirty snow banks at the side of the road... and who doesn't like chocolate frozen yogurt? Let's be honest.  If you don't, you must be allergic.  If that's the case, I'll eat it for you.  If I don't, I'm sure my sister will (holla gurlfrieeend).

So basically my extreme dislike for all things winter makes being sick throughout winter infinitely worse.  Because I hate winter so much, I am forced to take trips about the house when I feel like I can move.  Sometimes I visit the living room, sometimes I even venture into the kitchen!  It's been a long time since I've visited the basement, but that's kind of okay with me... it's cold down there.  Another like unto wintery trait I hate.

So that's kind of all I have for you right now.  Don't expect to hear from me on a regular basis until I get better.  Just ain't gon' happen, dear readers.  In the words of Tracy, peace and blessin's, peace and blessin's.

No comments:

Post a Comment