Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A little Valentines Day adventure never hurt anyone

So I just would like to throw it out there that my Valentines Day was pretty stinkin' awesome, and contrary to my mother's predictions, I stayed up past 11 o'clock, thank you very much!

Yesterday my father, whom I adore, left for the Land of Promise, aka California, and left us in this cold, dismal, snowy place.  It was so good to have him back for a little bit! Basically, my dad's the coolest, and I'm not just saying that because he's my dad, I'm saying it because I've taken a poll, and all my siblings agree.  3 to 0, you are outnumbered.

After my darling father left, my poor mother was left valentineless.  Nary a tear did she shed.  Brave soul.

My brother and sister, ever the social butterflies, both managed to finagle dates for that evening, and I, ever the apparently not so very social butterfly, did not.  So naturally, I volunteered myself as a stand in valentine for my mother, who graciously obliged.  She's so kind to me.  So what did we do while the sibs were out making merry their love day? We went to Purple Turtle, devoured the most delicious of malts.  I think we made a pretty great date.

When we returned home, what a sorry sight did greet our eyes.  Let's just say we were forced to rent a carpet cleaner for the second time this week.  Thank you, stupid dog.

Meanwhile, I devoured my shake.

I've decided that Purple Turtle is my favorite malt establishment at this time... of all time.  Thus far.  Not to mention it's been around forever and ever.  Just sayin'.

And so, my dear mother spent the rest of the evening Rug Dr.-ing the presents the dog left us, while I devoured my malt shamelessly.  It was mint chip, what can I say? We then proceeded to multi task by watching semi-trashy television in the form of The Bachelor while she played sudoku and I chatted on facebook.  We have mad skills.

All in all, kids, it was a joyous time, our mother-daughter bonding radar was off the charts, and who couldn't use that every once in a blue moon? Ok... besides a boy.  But they don't count anyway.

Moral of story - eat mint chip malts at purple turtle, bond with mumsy, and make sure your dog can't get out of the kitchen, and life is good!

Peace and blessings, ya'll, peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment