Friday, February 18, 2011

Acknowledge His hand in all things

It's interesting to me how often we forget just what we owe everything to.  We often forget that all the things that we own, all the things we are privileged to do, all the people we've met, all the material things we enjoy, our homes, our food, our health, even our happiness, we owe to our Father in Heaven.  His immeasurable love for us is so incomprehensible! And yet here we sit, at our computers that were bought with money that we got from a job that we got because of our talents that God gave us.  All of it always comes right back to God.

Ever since I was in elementary school I've struggled with my health.  Allergic to this or that, getting headaches and migranes and mono, losing weight, hair not growing, limbs not moving.  All these sort of things and more will always be a part of me.  I think that because of this and my loving, faithful, amazingly spiritual family, I was blessed at a young age to understand the power of the priesthood and having faith to be healed.  I've always been pretty good about not asking "why me?" or complaining (although, I'm ashamed to say, I've had my moments, just like everyone).

I know that every trial we are given has a purpose, and the Lord never gives us anything we can't handle, but what goes hand in hand with that is the gift of the Atonement - this incredible gift given to us to take away our pain! I know for a fact I could never have faced anything I've gone through on my own, not without the help of the Lord.  He's blessed me in so many ways I can't even count them, and I can never repay Him.

All the healing that's taken place in my life, physically and emotionally, I owe to the Lord, because my healing was His will, and His alone.  It had absolutely nothing to do with anything I've done.  Without Him, we are nothing! And without His love and His blessings... I really would have nothing.  All that I am and have is His.  The gospel is the most beautiful things and I'm SO blessed to be a member of it!

Now go here and watch some uplifting stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment