Thursday, May 26, 2011

Choose your love, love your choice

My parents are prime examples to me when it comes to true love.  To this day, my dad says he is the luckiest man in the world, and can't believe that my mom chose to marry him and stay with him.  She is the reason he lives, and the reason he wakes up everyday.  I think he would do anything for my mom, and I think she would do the same for him.  I love how my dad tries everything he can to make my mom's life more comfortable and easier.  She has never had to work, and because of that, we were able to have a mom 24/7 which was, I think, one of the greatest blessings in my life, and I know she was only able to do that because of my daddy (and Heavenly Father, of course).  My parent's have had it rough in the work department, and I know it has taken it's toll, but I love that my parents worked through it and put each other first.

My parents met for the first time back when my mom was dating my dad's best friend.  They became closer friends as they helped my mom's boyfriend at the time to go on a mission.  My dad was already home from his mission at the time, and while my mom's boyfriend was the same age as my dad, he was a convert and hadn't served a mission yet.  After my mom's boyfriend left, my dad took my mom out just as friends, but their friendship soon blossomed into romance and they decided they loved each other and wanted to marry each other (and if you ask me, it was the best decision of their lives, I mean, where would my siblings and I be without that?!).

I think my parents are great examples of that quote, "Choose your love, and love your choice." because they made that choice to get married, and they have loved that choice and each other ever since!

I think the best love stories are real life ones :)


Until next time, gentle readers :) love all your choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment