Saturday, May 21, 2011

Someday I'll be the reason someone lives

You know, my daddy is a wise and kind man.  One of the wisest and kindest that I know.  Yesterday I had a chance to talk to him on the phone for a good hour.  Since he is in California and I'm in Utah, and we are both working all the time, sometimes it's hard to find a moment to talk to him, so I love the moments when I get to steal some of his time :)

We talked about a lot of things, but the biggest thing we talked about was something that was good for me to hear, and something that I believe every girl in the world needs to hear.

My daddy told me, first off, that sometimes the Lord lets things happen to us.  Many of the trials that we face aren't because the Lord gives them to us, but that He allows Satan to tempt us and confuse us.  Like any test, we can prevail or we can fail.  Turning to the Lord in these times are crucial.  With the Lord, Satan has no power over us.  Also, Satan knows our weaknesses.  He knew us the premortal life.  He knows us better than we think, and because of that, he knows how to attack us.  But Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know us best, and they know how to help us.

Another thing my daddy told me was that I deserved someone who lived for me.  Someone whose reason to wake up in the morning was me.  Someone who would fight for me, no matter what.  Someone who had the faith that God would make everything right in the end, and would be willing to go through whatever he had to because he loved me that much.  Someone who put me first, only behind God.  Someone whose every decision revolved around me.  Someone who would be my knight in shining armor.  Someone who was strong enough to withstand Satan.  Someone who made me feel like I was the best thing in the world.  Someone who would be everything I ever needed and wanted.

Maybe I already know him.  Whoever he is, he's out there, and as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to, he'll find me :)

Cheers <3

4 comments:

  1. Your daddy is awesome, that's why I married him! We sure do love you little girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is awesome :) and so are you!! And I sure love you guys too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, I'm a little embarrassed, but grateful that you, and especially mom, think I'm awesome! love you two too. (Not tutu)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humility is being able to pretend like you're embarrassed when people tell you how great you are, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete