Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Music in my life

First of all I would like to say that I just love my guitar.  I love playing it, I love the way it looks, the way it sounds, the way it feels, I love that it's my Grandy's, I love that my uncle Bob got it from Spain, I love that my Grandy used to play it to her kids when they were little, I love that I am capable of producing some sort of music that is somewhat enjoyable to the ears, and I love and am so grateful that God loved me enough to give me a gift that I enjoy so thoroughly!

I was a very musical kid.  I was also a very musical teenager, and have been a very musical adult for the few years I've been an official adult.  I sang, I played the viola, I taught myself piano, I taught myself the flute, and I loved it all! Then I decided that I wanted to learn the guitar.  So I set my mind to it, and taught myself! It may have been one of the best decisions I have ever made.  I don't know what it is about singing to the guitar when I play, but it literally makes me so happy! It makes me want to go all Taylor Swift and do nothing but play my guitar and sing for people and make a lot of good money doing it.  Wouldn't that be great? Ah well, I can dream, can't I?

Cheers to dreams.  Hip hip, hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment