Friday, March 11, 2011

Time for Prayers

As I drove to work today, which by the way is a great story in and of itself, which I suddenly feel the need to tell, so forget this sentence, here is the work story.

Remember that awesome nanny job I had? Well, they called me again because guess who moved back into town?! That's right! The sweet boys and they're amazing parents! Daddy Shuldberg got a job in Utah, so they moved on back, and anyway, to make a long story short, they needed someone to watch their kids for several hours each day for about a week, so they called me up! It was so much fun to go back and play with those two little boys, and what made it even better was that they both remembered me :) I love my life.

Anyway, so... today I was driving to work.  My car, Antoine, works again.  Just needed a new battery.  I drive with the windows down, which makes it noisy, and since I have no radio and have to use my phone, which doesn't turn up very loud, I don't play music on the way to work most days.  Today I did not.  I simply rolled my windows halfway down, and started praying.  I figured since I had so much time, what better thing to do with my time that chat with my Heavenly Father?

Well, let's be real here for a minute.  I had a lot on my mind lately.  A whole lot.  And what's not making it better is that I have been having a hard time really opening up to my Heavenly Father and just talking to Him like I really should.  I am good about saying my prayers, but lately they haven't been as sincere as I know they need to be.  This makes me sad.  I don't want to fall into that habit! So today, I started praying and just poured out my little soul (it's amazing that I didn't start snifflin' and sputterin' but somehow my nasal passages and tear ducts managed to stay dry)... I am here to tell you that, holy moley, I felt so much lighter.  I didn't even realize that I had felt sooo... not light.  Not that I felt bad or heavy or anything, but there is just something about conversing with your Heavenly Father knowing that He hears your every word and has been waiting for me to talk to Him like I did that just makes you feel all fuzzy and good.

So here's to prayers and answers and comfort and having a Heavenly Father that knows us and loves us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment