Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rise Above!!

A good friend gave me some advice.  Actually, he gives me this advice almost every time we talk.  His words of wisdom, though its turned into our inside joke, are some that we could all take to heart!

"Rise above it!" is what he tells me. 

What is that one thing you need to rise above? Bad habit? Surroundings? It's easy to feel like you have no control sometimes, but don't you even begin to believe that you have no control over anything! Nothing could be further from the truth.

My mom is a very smart person.  She has always told me that you can't control what anyone else does, you can't control how they treat you, and sometimes you can't control what happens to you.  The one thing you can control, however, is yourself!! Your attitude is forever under your control.  Your attitude, your reactions, and your thoughts are things that you, and you alone can control.

I was blessed enough to have attended an institute class where one of my teachers actually gave a lesson on the exact thing my mom had been teaching me my whole life.  See, awesome lady, huh? :) but the lesson was incredible! The teacher went on to explain how because we have control over our thoughts, actions/reactions, and attitude, we have the power to stay happy and positive despite the bad things that happen!

I know its easy to let life get you down.  It's so easy to forget the real reason we're here.  It's easy to get jealous, be bitter, be angry, jealous, sad, unhappy, spiteful... we are human, and God knows that! But we aren't here to be content with being human, we are here to learn how to return to our Father in Heaven! So rise above those blues that Satan wants so badly to bring you down, and find happiness in the gospel! Remember Christ, remember the real reason you're here and forget the world.  Forget yourself, and focus on lifting others and bringing them closer to Christ. I promise, you'll find happiness and be able to rise above the blues!


No comments:

Post a Comment