Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog Challenge: Day 8

Day 8: Favorite Book


For real? I have to pick ONE?! Ugh.  No, this is my blog.  I refuse to pick just one single book.  I'm picking a series.


The Amelia Peabody Series
By Elizabeth Peters

(The first book in the series)

(The author herself)

Seriously, I think anything this woman writes is amazing, but this series is the funniest, most enthralling, addictive series I have ever read in my entire life!

Now, gentle readers (I even get that phrase from her!), I, Makenna K. Donaldson, love books.  I also love men.  In this book, there are two of the manliest of men (well, three really) that the book world has ever seen: Emerson and Ramses.  In the beginning, if you're a girl, you fall in love with Emerson.  But that's just the beginning! Can it get any better than Emerson?

Oh, dear readers, it can.

Ramses.  The quintessential, drop dead beautiful, absolutely perfect, the very best man that a woman could ever ask for!!!

Too bad he's just a character.

But seriously, I got so into these books that at one point, I chucked the book across the room and burst into tears.

I don't do this.  But I did.  They're just that good.

So go check them out at your local library! You can find the complete list and order in which to read this amazing series here (start from the bottom).

No comments:

Post a Comment