Saturday, October 16, 2010

What more could I ask for?

Oh where, Oh just WHERE do I begin? So much time has passed since we have last spoken, dear readers, or in this case, since I have last spoken, and you have last read.  In said amount of time, very much has come to pass.  Let's see, where did we last leave each other...

Jobs.  We shall start there.  So last YOU heard, I applied to and got hired at APX working as a customer support representative.  I went through the two weeks of training, and met a very WONDERFUL gal there (who has since become a very dear friend to me) and other fine people there.  However, in my short time there, I knew that this job was only going to last a very short while, and that I was soon going to have another job.  A family contacted me that lived in Orem, only ten minutes from where I lived, offering me a part time nanny job that I felt really great about.  I went over, met them, and we both felt great and they hired me on the spot.  I was taking a huge pay cut, but I knew without a doubt this was what I needed to do.  So I did it.  Only a few days later did I get a cal from another lady, who lives 2 minutes (yes, 2 minutes) away from me, who needed some extra help around her house and a tutor for her son, and she was offering to pay me quite a bit of money.  So I went to meet her and her kids and, once again, kids, I felt great about it and knew I needed to take this job as well.

In this time, I decided that I was going to quit on the last day of training.  So I did.  I expected it to be a lot uglier than it was.  In reality, it was pretty awesome! The big boss was way nice about everything and my trainer was even nicer.  And so, I started my two new jobs.  I love them! Need I say more? Two sweet little buggers of the ages 3 and 9 months.

The 3 year old surprised me the other day after I was getting a tad bit annoyed when he kept asking me "why" questions over and over, even though he knew full well that I did not know the answers.  When I told him he should probably stop asking me questions and then started pointing out all the pretty colors and different cars outside, he stopped me and said, "You know what makes me happy?" and I said, "What makes you happy?" and what does that sweet little boy say? "You."

AWWW!!!!! How stinking cute is that?!?! I pretty much melted.  He gives me kisses when I come and when I leave and tells me he loves me and tells everyone that I'm his "special friend" that he gets to play with all day.  I love that little boy. :)

So that is the job story.

Now.  The car story.  I will make it short and sweet, because I KNOW full well that most of you (specifically a certain one of you...) are going to skip down to the bottom where you know I will save the best story for last.  But never fear, gentle readers! That story just happens to tie into my car story!! Look at me, I learned something after writing all those essays.

My car.  Antoine.  It is black.  His name is Antoine.  It's logical.  Homeboy.  Fo'real.

One day, Antoine stopped working.  Poor, poor Antoine.  I was so very, very sad.  A very cute boy in my complex offered to help me fix Antoine.  At first, he helped me jump Antoine for a couple days, until one day, Antoine just died and would not start again.  Antoine needed a new battery.  The very cute boy and I went to Walmart and found the correct battery, purchased the battery, returned to the complex to replace the part, returned to Walmart to return the broken part, returned once more to the complex to actually replace the part.  The very cute boy and I stood around the car, and before we knew it, his two roommates had joined us.  Collectively, we thought we knew what we were doing.  Dear readers, we did not.  After removing battery #1, we placed battery #2 in and, failing to actually look at the terminals, merely matched said part in such a way that it seemed to "match" the direction of battery #1.  Antoine smoked like a chimney.  Antoine smelled like death.  The boys looked like they were going to die.

The very cute boy had unknowingly fried my alternator.  Long story short, the very cute boy offered to buy me dinner because of what had happened.  So the next day he took me to HumorU and we got Thai food and had a very grand time.  The day after that, he and his daddy fixed my alternator, and the day after that, after very little deliberation, we decided to start dating.

It has been a month today since that day.  Ladies and gentleman, I couldn't be happier. :)

My life is so so SO incredibly blessed.  My ward, my home teachers, my friends, my family, that very cute boy... there is not a thing about my life that I don't love, or that I'm not learning to love.  Heavenly Father sure does love me!! And He loves you too ;) And I'm so grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment