Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Big Baby Puppy: Bear

Bear.  The big, black, furry, sweet, loveable mutt.  We all loved him.  I don't know anyone that has met him who hasn't loved him.  He was just that way.  So sweet, so loving, so gentle, never barked, and he did the cutest dance when he was excited to see you! He was just so big and yet so lovey.  I always said if he had been a human, he would have been a big, fat British man that wore a monacle and just smiled all the time.  He was the sweetest dog in the world.




Isn't he beautiful?

He started getting really sick last week and just wasn't getting better.  They took him to the vet, and the vet was pretty hopeful that he would recover.  He had a high white blood cell count, which was causing his organs to become toxic, but he was on an IV and she was pretty confident it would help him.

The next day, he was doing a little better.  He was able to sit up, and shake without falling over, and was eating better than he had in days.  They kept him overnight again just to make sure that everything was solid, but this morning he was worse.  :(

I don't have a whole lot of words to say right now.  It's hard being away from home and having to work while all of this went on.  I wish I could be there with my family, and I wish I could have been there with my mom when they put him to sleep.  It's totally sad, but I know it's better now that he doesn't have to suffer in pain any longer.  For that, I'm grateful.  Still sad, but grateful. 

Love you and miss you, Bear.



No comments:

Post a Comment