Sunday, December 26, 2010

Been lookin' for Mr. Right for so long, but all I've found is Mr. Wrong.

I'm terrible at updating my blog.  Please forgive me.  I know there are a few of you that enjoy updates about my life, my whereabouts and the like.  So I will do the very best I feel comfy with, seeing as how I don't really want "the former" hearing things (not saying I don't trust ya'll... just sayin' ya can't be too careful!)

Where to start? First of all, I'm no longer dating the cute boy that helped me with my car.  I know, but don't be sad! Why, you ask? Because I had an absolutely marvelous time, and he is awesome! But things happen, and sometimes you both just know you're supposed to date other people, and so you do, and you part ways, but we were lucky enough to remain friends.  In the mean time, I've met several people who are super awesome.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves, folks.  First things first.

I was feeling kinda down in the dumps, just for a little bit after the cute boy and I broke up.  And it wasn't because I was sad about the breakup, but because the past three guys I've dated have given me the exact same reason for breaking up with me - that they knew they weren't the guy I was supposed to be dating.  I thought to myself, seriously, this is getting old! But then, after I'd had a pity party of about half of a whole day, I thought about how much of a blessing it was that I was just being led that much closer and that much faster to my very own Mr. Right!

Soon after the cute boy and I parted ways, I got a very VERY strong impression that the Lord did not want me to go to BYU.  I bawled.  I wanted SO badly to go to BYU!! I actually got in, and I was so excited, and after having received the impression back in the summer that I needed to apply there and move to Provo, I couldn't help but cry! I thought I knew exactly what direction my life was going to go, I thought I knew what the Lord wanted me to do, but He told me that was not the direction I was actually supposed to go.  So, I moved.  Right now, I'm taking life one day at a time, and it's working out very nicely :) it was only later, after I had stopped my bawling about not going to BYU that I realized that it doesn't matter why the Lord told me to go to BYU in the first place, what mattered was that I needed to follow what He was telling me to do at this very minute, and that was to not go.  But isn't that what faith is? Faith is an action word, is it not? So I'm doing my best, trying to go where I feel the Lord wants me to be.

So as of right now, I'm not dating anybody seriously, but that might change in the near future, I'll let you know ;) and we'll see when Mr. Right comes around, but until then, I'm very much enjoying meeting all these new people and making new friends and spending time with my family!

Oh yeah, spending time with my family, haha... now if the devoted reader has paid attention, he or she might remember that I was a nanny for two adorable little boys when I was living in P-town.  Unfortunately for me, the parental units informed me that they would be moving to Washington for a month for a possible job opportunity, and to see if they liked it there.  They would only be gone for a month and told me they would pay me through the month just in case they came back.  As it turned out, they didn't come back :( and oh man, did I cry yet again! I'm all waterworks when it comes to the important things.  I got lucky though when I went to the grandma Jeannie's house to pick up my last check, and the daddy and the baby were visiting!! And you know what? The chubster remembered me!! He reached out for me and wanted me to hold him, and boy did I ever want to hold him! It was so good to see them again, even if it was just half of the family.
This, dear reader, is the reason I have so much time to spend with the family - no more job.  A bittersweet deal.

The celiac disease is still just as lame.  As is the celiac gut itself.  You can ask anyone in my family, I detest my celiac gut with my entire being.  I loathe it.  However, I hold fast to the hope that someday I will have a normal, working, perfectly functional body! It will happen, don't you fear.  Spending time out of the cold has helped me so much though, my Reynaud's is nowhere NEAR as bad as it was in Utah.  My toes have remained flesh colored for a full week and a day.  This is good progress, people.  Momentous!


Overall, gentle readers, life is marvelous, and I love it.  Love!

2 comments:

  1. You're inspiring. I love you! Can we go to lunch some time? Where are you living right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittni, you are so sweet! Thank you, it means a lot to me that you said that :) and yes, I would rather LOVE that! I'm living in at home in AF right now.

    ReplyDelete