Monday, November 1, 2010

Daily dose of Hilarity and Joy

Dear readers,

I know you hear me say this often, but, by golly, I'm just SO DANG HAPPY!

I had a moment of sadness today, but I realized, after this moment had passed, that I've come a long, long way.  That particular incident, in the past, would have made me much sadder for very much longer.  The fact that it didn't last very long, and I was able to get over feeling sorry for myself after about fifteen minutes, and decide that I was wrong and just needed to fix it, was a moment that, ironically, made me extremely happy!  Growth, of the good variety, is a very happy thing.

:D

On top of THAT, I just have awesome day after awesome day.  Seriously, every day I live gets better and better.  I just spent about 90% of my evening laughing my buns off, because my FHE family is just that amazing.  The other 10% was spent listening to a lesson, and cutting hair, and eating.  One can't laugh one's buns off when one is cutting hair, elsewise the hairs will look skiddywampus.  One also cannot laugh one's buns off when one is eating food, elsewise, the food ends up where it does not belong, like upon one's neighbors lap, then one's neighbor becomes unhappy, and the laughter ceases.  But I digress.  Let me outline the night just a little bit for you.

Cristy is probably on the top ten list of the funniest people I know.  Possibly even the top five.  It's hard to say, because sometimes I forget just how many funny people I know.  But she is most definitely up there.  I just adore her.  She and I laugh at anything and everything, and I think she's downright fantastic.  She and I, and part of the rest of our FHE group adjourned to her car for our trip to the Wright home, which we presumed would be easily found.

Not so, team, not so.

You see, Walnut Ave. is so very, very deceitful.  Walnut is a type of tree, therefore it belongs in the tree streets, not amidst NUMBERED streets.  But, the trip was fun!! Needless to say we laughed the whole time. We laughed when I said we could have FHE in the car if all else failed, but then we laughed particularly hard when Cristy said, and I quote, "Well, I have a gps if all else really fails."

We are intelligent beings, we are.

We found it.  Eventually.  And then we had a jolly time there as well.  Cristy and I should not sit together when silence is mandatory.  I find her presence far too enjoyable to stay silent.

On a completely separate note, I stumbled upon one of my favorite bands from my past the other day - The Shins! Oh how I love The Shins!! That brought me happiness.  Phantom Limb, in particular.

Ahhhhhh, folks.  My life is so, so, so VERY very good.  I think it should be illegal to be this happy sometimes.  But not :D I can't get over just how awesome it all is... so I think I won't get over it, and I'll just stay in the midst of all this bliss! Sound good? I thought so too. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment