Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Bash of the Moustache

I was recently recruited to put my artist skills to good use.  The elder's quorum of my ward was putting together a "moustache bash" on behalf of nothing.  They just wanted to throw it because they could.  They are men, they have facial hair, and BYU lets you grow a moustache (why? I don't know, moustaches are way nastier than beards!).

After some deliberation, the elder's quorum decided the relief society was invited if they wanted to attend.  However, I was approached and asked to be the official "moustache artist" of the evening.  Of course, I said yes.  It was my job to draw moustaches of various shapes and sizes on the bald upper lips of all those who entered.  I opted out of this, however, because I was the artist.  Eyeliner pencil in hand, I drove to the Wilk in a tiny, tiny white car with my dear friend Cos.  He, despite all his efforts, had only managed to grow a really creepy, scraggly, Frenchie sort of moustache.  We like to think he is secure enough in his manhood to handle the truth.

The evening began with a spiritual thought relating to facial hair and the Old Testament, some puns, and a very interesting philosophical discussion given by a man with the most impressively disgusting moustache in the whole ward.  How can it be both? I'm not entirely sure, but it was.

Lucky for me, I did not end up being the only woman there, although I was for some time.  My friend Tash2 came to the activity after about forty five minutes, after taking a test, to join in the festivities of manhood.  In the end, we decided that we could draw some fake 'staches on our fingers and then hold them up to our lips.  It felt less manly that way.

Here is some documentation from the evening.

Tash2, after strutting her stuff on the moustache runway

Kyoo, and his Fu Manchu!!

Olsen twin #1 looking like Mario

Olsen twin #2 sporting a curly-q 'stache.  I missed catching his sweet backflip!

Mikus, looking like Luigi

One of the Hitler 'staches, and there is Cos with his nasty scraggler!

Me, struttin my stuff on the 'stache catwalk.  The 'stachewalk

A close up of me and my own handiwork.  I was laughing because it was the third try at getting the picture "centered"

Tash2, with her own Fu Manchu!

Kyoo, after landing some sweet Asian backflip, or doing some sweet ninja move

Two more of my handiworkses

The Olsen Twins: Curly and Mario

Me and my Fake 'Stache Cache!

The Men.  The two Hitler 'Staches in the background are hidden.  Bummer!

So anyway, that night was really pretty funny.  The guys got random awards for their moustaches (best, longest, strangest, scraggliest, etc.).  All in all, I'd say it was a pretty fulfilling evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment