Thursday, June 24, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake of Life

Well kids.  It's been a rough six months, as I'm sure you've all had time to figure out.  Not only did I go through a bunch of crappy stuff, but on top of that I've been so sick for the majority of these past six months that it made it impossible to hold a job.  Since my body doesn't react well to pain killers in general, I couldn't usually take those, because they just made me feel crappier.  I couldn't go to school, I couldn't go to work...

But I'm really not here trying to say "oh, wo is me.." because really, I feel quite the opposite.  While I may have gone through all that junk, I look back at it, and I don't look at it as wasted time.  I feel blessed that Heavenly Father is helping me to look at this with a positive attitude.  It's a part of my life, it happened, and what do I have to be ashamed of? Like I said a couple posts back, the Lord lets us go through things, and if we didn't go through them, we wouldn't end up being the children of Him that we are intended to be.

Once I made that decision to get a divorce, took it to the Lord and got the confirmation that it was right on several occasions, I knew I had to do it right away and, for once, not second guess myself.  I didn't.  After that decision, I would get one prompting that seemed a little bit like it might not work, but I followed it, and things worked out.  Then I get another one... same deal.  It's just amazing to me how once we prove to Heavenly Father that we have faith in Him and what he tells us to do, how much easier our lives get!

I look up to the women in my life that are going through situations a thousand times harder than my own.  And not just women, but children who suffer through abuse of all sorts and other things that are out of their control.  Anyone who has lived or is living a life like that and has no control over it, my heart breaks for them.  No one, absolutely no person on this earth has done anything so awful to deserve to be treated like they don't matter, because you DO matter.  There is no one on this earth that needs to put up with anyone else's bad actions.  In no way, shape, or form is that ever OK. It's amazing to me how good of a hold Satan can get on the hearts of men.  So many men and women have the potential to be fantastic husbands or wives or fathers or mothers, but they lose their way so easily, and then Satan has them.

I'm not anti-men, in fact, this experience has made me want a man that will treat me like a queen even more than I did before, and I thought I did! Every girl deserves that.  And I don't hate Taylor, that's not the emotion I feel toward him...I don't hate him, and I don't hope he dies or jumps off a cliff or anything.  I certainly don't love him, but I do pray that he has a happy life, it just won't be with me.  And I'm happy about that!

I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life.  Sometimes we just have to get on our knees and thank our Heavenly Father for the trials he puts us through.  Even though at the time you think it is the most horrible thing in the world, when it all comes together, you realize how beautiful His plan for you is.  Does anyone remember that little story about the mom and daughter making a cake...? Let me refresh your memory.


The teacher shared this story in her lesson today. I thought it was so good!

“Sometimes we wonder, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’ or ‘Why did God have to do this to me?’ Here is a wonderful explanation. A daughter is telling her mother how everything is going wrong. She’s failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her, and her best friend is moving away. Meanwhile her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack. The daughter says, ‘Absolutely Mom, I love your cake.’
‘Here, have some cooking oil,’ her Mother offers.
‘Yuck,’ says her daughter.
‘How about a couple raw eggs?’
‘Gross, Mom!’
‘Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?’
‘Mom, those are all yucky!’
To which the mother replies: ‘Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!’

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when he puts these things in His order, they always work for good. We just have to trust him, and eventually they will all make something wonderful.
God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, He’ll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.” :)



Isn't that cool? He gives us all these raw eggs, cups of oil, and scoops of baking soda, all of which seem horrible on their own, but when you mix all of those supposedly bad things together, it makes a beautiful and delicious cake of life!!  I am having a really hard time writing out all the things I'm feeling right now, so I hope that you all get the jist of what I'm trying to say... yeah? :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so strong. It's so good that you have let the Lord be your guide, its so much easier that way. Thanks for the cake story, I had forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete