Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Erik!!

Here's an awesome poem that I wrote for my brother for his 23 birthday today!!



Happy Birthday Erik Donaldson!!


!It's rhymin' time.



Happy Birthday to my E-Y, and if it's ok with you,

I have some things I'd like to say, in a rhyme stanza... or two.

On this your day of birth, my friend, I think it may be wise,

to make sure that you eat your dinner before devouring pies.

You're now a year older than you ever were before

,and for every year you age you get to snore a little more.

I've never been your age, you see, so I haven't much advice,

so instead I'll tell you all the things about you that are nice.

Your crispy hair, your furry arms, the way your elbows bend

,your left ear lobe, your buddha globe, your third toe from the end,

your smoothy chin, your ankles thin, your knuckles and your nose,

the way you play your cello looks just like you strike a pose,

Oh, Erik, I could write a list that's seven miles long,

but by that time I'd have to write another poem song,

And so I think I'll be wise and I'll stop while you're around,

I hope your day's the best, and it's as happy as it sounds!



Love you brotha,



Love, Miki

2 comments:

  1. Dang your Good!!! but its not as good as the one you sent ME!!! I'm jealous of your fabulous talents.

    ReplyDelete