Monday, August 30, 2010

Stick a Label on it and Call it My Life

Ever have one of those days at church where it doesn't SEEM like every talk and lesson is for you, but every talk and lesson actually REALLY IS for you, and you just know if that you turn your head around you'll probably see someone or something really important nod their head at you with "that look" that parents give their kids when they've learned their little lesson... you know that look.  And then you will sit a little bit further down in your chair, and pay just a little bit closer attention.  At this point you will feel like everyone in the congregation, class, or quorum is staring you down waiting for you to respond when the teacher asks a question that is in reality meant for the class, but YOU know the question is actually meant for you.  You feel 100% certain that the entire church will eventually know that day as "(Insert your name here) Day" at church.

Gentle Readers, yesterday was Makenna Donaldson Day at church.  And I'm 100% everyone there knew it.

As I sat in sacrament meeting next to the two new guys I met from my complex and cried because Tash1, Garr the Engaged, and the Stake High Councilman had written their talks specifically for me (I am certain of this), I was positive these two stranger males knew the name of that day at church.  Makenna Donaldson Day.

As I sat through Sunday School, I tried to play cool.  And yet, I knew at any given moment the whole class would turn their heads to me and demand an explanation.

The exact same scenario ensued in Combined Meeting third hour.  By now I was 10,000,000% positive that every person on campus would know within the hour that the name of this day was Makenna Kathleen Donaldson Day.

I am grateful for this day.  Please tell the rest of the world, since all of BYU campus knew right away anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment