Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wow, I've Never Turned 20 Before...

How many times can a girl turn 20 in a year? Why don't you just ask Drew Howells.

Ever been to Texas Roadhouse? Yeah, me neither, until last night.  I went out to dinner with my little sister, my brother and his friend.  It's this restaurant that's really country and rustic, pretty cool in it's own sorta way.  It reminds me of Frontier Pies that used to be in Provo... but I digress.  The most important thing is that my brothers good friend, Drew Howells, just happened to tell the waiter after we were all done eating that it was my birthday.  Wow.  Really? I had no idea.  I had said something earlier in the evening in regards to it being my birthday.  Anyways, I didn't think the waiter actually believed him because after Drew told him he looked at me and said, "Ohh, lucky youu..."

.... OK.  Thanks? I guess. So I figured he knew Drew was just bluffing.  But then... out comes the whole parade of waiters and waitresses who pull out a saddle, yes that's right, a saddle.  "What do I get to sit on that thing??" "Why yes, genius, you do.  Saddle up."  So I saddled up, and they proceeded to yell that it was my birthday, my 20th birthday, in fact.  Can I get a Yeehaw? YEEHAW!  A good sport, they called me, what a good sport.

Is it ok to say that I felt like I was 9 again?

And so, as I dismounted from that wooden horse and got back into my seatbench, I turned and said, "Well that was the best birthday I've had all year... Wow, I've never turned 20 before..."

And it was indeed the best birthday I've had all year.  I really have never turned 20 before.

Oh, and as it turned out, our waiter was from Mission Viejo, the neighboring city to Drew's growing up.  Small world, right?

Just a side note, it is snowing as I write this.  Hooray!

Note to self, never wear a belt buckle that is bigger than... I don't know.  Just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment